Scrumptious Chocolate Granola Apple Wedges simply made in simply 10 minutes for the right after-school fall snack! Sliced apples layered with melted chocolate and sprinkled with do-it-yourself granola!
Apple season is formally right here! And what higher approach to take pleasure in them than with melty chocolate and crunchy granola?? Such a enjoyable snack that’s tremendous fast and straightforward to make that your youngsters (and also you!) are certain to like. I imply you’ll be able to principally name these ‘apple nachos’ and there are such a lot of enjoyable toppings you’ll be able to add like peanut butter, caramel sauce, chopped nuts, shredded coconut, the probabilities are limitless. This easy little snack is definitely one of many first recipes I ever posted on my weblog over 12 years in the past so I assumed I would replace the pictures and share simply in time for fall and for all the youngsters going again to high school!
Elements You may Want
- Apples – I personally love honeycrisp apples, however any kind of apples will do!
- Chocolate chips – I used Lily’s chocolate chips that are sweetened with stevia making the sugar content material actually low and so they style scrumptious! You could possibly additionally in fact use common chocolate chips, however the sugar content material will likely be a lot greater.
- Coconut oil – I like mixing in a bit of coconut oil when melting chocolate as a result of it makes the chocolate a bit of thicker and actually helps create that good shell when it hardens with out affecting the style
- Selfmade granola – that is my tremendous straightforward maple cinnamon granola recipe and be happy so as to add in some chopped nuts, shredded coconut and extra spices. Alternatively, you can additionally use your favourite store-bought granola.
The way to Assemble Chocolate Granola Apple Wedges
That is actually as straightforward because it appears! Reduce two apples into a number of wedges and prepare the slices on a plate or platter. Soften chocolate chips and a bit of coconut oil, mixing properly, and drizzle over high of the apple slices. High with do-it-yourself granola and so they’re able to serve! Your youngsters will completely love this and can have enjoyable assembling the apples with you. Professional tip: Squeeze a bit of lemon (or lime) juice over high of the apple slices after reducing them to forestall them from browning.
Different Enjoyable Toppings
- Swap out the melted chocolate for caramel sauce (strive my scrumptious salted caramel!)
- Drizzle on some peanut butter, almond butter or any favourite nut butter (you can additionally combine in a bit of honey or maple syrup for some added sweetness!)
- Sprinkle on a bit of cinnamon or different heat spices
- Chopped nuts reminiscent of pecans, walnuts, peanuts, and many others. and I additionally extremely suggest toasting them for much more taste!
- You could possibly additionally add some shredded coconut, chocolate chips, crushed pretzels, or sunflower seeds
- Make them festive with some enjoyable sprinkles for a pop of coloration that your youngsters will love
Extra Apple Recipes You may Love
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Complete Time: 10 minutes
- Prepare apple slices on a plate, put aside. (To forestall them from browning, squeeze a bit of lemon juice over high).
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, soften the chocolate chips and coconut oil in 15 second intervals, mixing properly, till chocolate is melted and easy.
- Drizzle chocolate over the apple slices and high with granola. Serve and revel in!
- Serving Dimension: 1/2 recipe
- Energy: 284
- Sugars: 21.7 g
- Sodium: 25.8 mg
- Fat: 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 9.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 43.9 g
- Fibers: 13.3 g
- Proteins: 3.5 g
* Please word that each one vitamin data are simply estimates. Values will differ amongst manufacturers, so we encourage you to calculate these by yourself for many correct outcomes.